Principal Software Engineer JAVA + PYTHON
CARFAX is the most trusted source of vehicle history information about US cars. For more than 30 years, CARFAX has been helping millions of used car shoppers make better purchase decisions and avoid expensive hidden problems. In addition, CARFAX has helped used car dealers around the world to build trust with their customers and sell their cars with confidence. CARFAX Europe is active in many European countries including Poland where they have been helping to protect consumers since early 2019.
We are looking for a skillful and passionate Principal Software Engineer to join the IHS Markit team – CARFAX. As a member of the Data Technology Team you will be responsible for building applications around these extensive data sets. The applications are used both internally to support data analysis, as well as externally, providing value to our customers in form of reports, risk evaluations, trends and other visualizations.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years of professional experience with Java, ideally in combination with a Java framework like Spring or Micronaut.
- Provides technical leadership to a development team, as well as aligning with business stakeholders on requirements.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to manage competing priorities successfully
- Professional experience with Python and Python frameworks like Django, Falcon, or Flask.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web- or microservices.
- Experience with working and collaborating as part of agile teams. You should have experience using approaches like pair programming, extreme programming and mob-style programming on a daily basis.
- Experience writing software using a test-driven approach (TDD), for instance Junit for Java and PyTest for Python
- You are familiar with CI/CD pipelines shipping containerized applications
- You have experience designing databases, relational and NoSQL-based (i.e. using MongoDB).
Optional, but highly appreciated:
- Experience with Data Engineering, Spark, ETL Processes and Workflow Orchestration Tools like Apache Airflow.
- You have supported highly available and scalable solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS) or another cloud provider. Even better if you used Terraform.
- Experience designing applications around message queuing systems such as AWS SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka or AWS Kinesis.
- Experience utilizing caching systems such as Redis or Memcached
CV w j. angielskim proszę przesłać na adres: email@example.com