Cloud Platform Engineer
We’re looking for experienced Cloud Platform Engineers who will join our team and help us build world-class platforms and services on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud offerings.
Department: Digital Cloud and Platform Services
You will work within the newly formed Digital Cloud and Platform Services function. We are driving innovation across the bank through the use of cloud solutions. Our team is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing operational support of AWS services for the Digital business.
Technologies you’re going to work with:
- AWS (S3, EC2, VPC and Lambdas etc)
- Kubernetes, Istio, Docker
- AppDynamics, CloudWatch, DataDog
- CloudWatch Insights, Splunk
- Terraform, Ansible
- Bash and Python
- GitHub, Test Driven Development, Jenkins CI and delivery pipelines
Travel: We’re global team supporting Europe, Asia and Americas based businesses so you can expect occasional trips on as-needed basis
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be part of an application development ‘pod’ as the Amazon Web Services (AWS) engineer.
- Designing, delivering and operating centralised cloud platform solutions to solve common engineering and operational problems, such as monitoring, logging, build, cost optimization etc., as the need arises, to ensure engineering teams are focusing on delivering value.
- Building and managing cloud environments to enable application deployments into test and production.
- Building repeatable solutions on Digital Cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code methods (e.g. Terraform and Ansible)
- Ensuring the cloud-hosted solutions are integrated with or consume centrally provided services.
- Participating in code reviews and approvals; and definition of continuously improving code standards.
- Developing & maintaining application-specific AMI’s using Infrastructure as Code principles (e.g. Packer and Ansible)
Knowledge & Experience we need
- Understanding of and experience of working within a DevOps culture
- Infrastructure as a Code concepts and techniques
- Understanding of CI/CD and some exposure to relevant toolsets
- Security and Compliance, e.g. IAM and cloud compliance/auditing/monitoring tools
- Customer/stakeholder focus. Ability to build strong relationships with Cloud Services, cross functional development teams, and local and global IT teams.
- Good leadership and teamwork skills - Works collaboratively with cross-functional ‘pods’ to provide the digital cloud capability/skills required to deliver the service.
- Excellent scripting and automation skills in Bash, Python or similar.
- Experience in full automation and configuration management
- Experience with scheduling of Docker containers in a platform like Kubernetes or OpenStack
- Proven AWS experience. An AWS Certification is desirable but not required.
- Demonstrable experience of Linux administration and scripting, preferably Red Hat
- Experience of supporting microservices at scale in a global organisation, ideally in a public cloud environment.
- Experience with using introspection tools like CloudWatch, DataDog and Splunk to troubleshoot live services, develop and maintain operational dashboards and fine tune alerts.
We don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these areas, but you should have some basic understanding of each of them, and ideally some in-depth knowledge and experience in a few. We’re looking for T-shaped people who can act as SMEs where required.
CV w j. angielskim proszę przesłać na adres: firstname.lastname@example.org